We teach children aged three and above. We do encourage parents to familiarise their children with a swimming pool environment before bringing them. This is to hopefully minimise any tension or stress that can be caused in the initial stages of learning to swim.
Please arrive at the swimming pool ten minutes prior to the lesson and change into swimwear. Then, when possible make yourself know to one of the staff and we will advise you from there.
All you need to bring along is a swimming costume/trunks/shorts and towel. Swimming goggles are optional, but can be useful.
All flotation aids are provided, we generally use swim fins which are worn on the back and expertly weighted to provide support when needed.
Each lesson is assessed and if a teacher is deemed necessary in the water then this will take place. However, in certain circumstances it maybe appropriate for the teacher to coach from the poolside.
Classes have a maximum of 6 children per teacher. Advanced classes have 8 per teacher.
We ask parents to pay the first week of a new block of lessons. All bookings are completed through our online booking system. We accept payment through online card payments and direct debit.
All children are assessed on a continual basis. The focus of each term will be to learn the skills set out in line with the National governing body award schemes.
Your child’s instructor will record their progress weekly and upload the progress online during the term.
We give out certificates and badges two times a year, in December, and June.
Your payment has reserved your place just for you and if you miss a lesson for any reason we are unable to refund you.
Private lessons (1-2-1 lessons) and Adult Swimming Lessons
Notice of a cancellation of a private lesson within 72 hours of the start of that lesson will result in the full fee being due or deducted from any credit balance as appropriate.
The following Terms & Conditions apply for all Swimsound competitions
- This competition is promoted by Swimsound
- Entry is open to residents of the UK only.
- The prize giveaways are free to enter. No purchase is necessary.
- To enter the competition, you must ‘Like’ the Swimsound page as well as the specified competition post.
- Staff and affiliates of Swimsound can enter competitions.
- Multiple entries are not counted.
- The name of the winner(s) will be published.
- Winners have 30 (thirty) days to claim their prize.
- Swimsound will only ever use entrants details for the purposes of administering the competition, and, with the exception of the winner(s) name(s), we will not publish them or provide them to anyone else, other than for the purpose of arranging delivery of your prize.
- All winners are selected at random by computer from valid Facebook entrants.
- Swimsound reserves the right to cancel or alter or amend the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Swimsound is the promoter of this competition. The manufacturers of any brands featured in our Facebook or Instagram posts are not promoters and are not responsible for our competitions. It is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook Inc.
- By entering the prize giveaway, you agree to the above Terms & Conditions.